3M Chemical Indicators 1251 - Pack Control for ETO Sterilization
- Can be used in either 100% EO or EO/HFCF gas mixture processes
- Color changes from red to green when exposed to EO sterilization
- Long strip of chemical indicator ink printed on perforated-style strip. Allows full- or half-length use for different pack sizes. Have a large portion of indicator ink for a greater area of monitoring in the pack
- Size 1.5 cm x 20 cm (5/8" x 8-1/2")
- For use as an internal pack monitor. Can be used in either 100% EO or EO/HFCF gas mixture cycles.
As an internal pack monitor, the 3M Comply EO (ethylene oxide) Chemical Indicator offers immediate, accurate and easy to read method of monitoring both 100% and EO/HCFC gas mixture sterilization processes .
The Comply 1251 EO Chemical Indicator Strip is a paper strip 1.5 cm wide by 20 cm long (0.625 inches wide by 8 inches long) printed with a chemical indicator ink that turns from red to green when exposed to the critical parameters of the ethylene oxide (EO) sterilization process (i.e., gas concentration, RH, time and temperature). It is designed to indicate whether EO sterilization conditions have been met at the point of placement of the strip, which should be placed in the area determined to be the least accessible to EO penetration. Each strip is perforated at the center if a shorter internal chemical indicator is preferred. An internal chemical indicator should be used inside each package to be sterilized