8606G-3/8 Circle P-1 PRIME, 6-0, 11 mm, PROLENE Blue Monofilament 45 cm
Prolene Non- Absorbable Suture:
- Needle Description: 3/8 Circle P-1 PRIME
- Needle Dimension: 11mm
- Suture Type and Length: PROLENE Blue Monofilament 45 cm
- Suture Size: 6-0
- No. foils per box: 12
|Regulatory Approvals||US FDA, European CE|
|Needle Length (mm)||11|
|Needle Curvature||3/8 Circle|
|Suture Length (in cm)||45|
|Needle Type||Circle Cutting|
|Suture Type||PROLENE Blue Monofilament|
PROLENE Sutures (clear or pigmented) are non-absorbable, sterile surgical suture composed of an isotactic crystalline steroisomer of polypropylene, a synthetic linear polyolefin. The suture is pigment blue to enhance visibility.
PROLENE Sutures are indicated for use in general soft tissue approximating and/or ligation, including use in cardiovascular, ophthalmic procedures, and neurological procedures.
Descriptions and specifications:
PROLENE Suture is indicated for use in general soft tissue approximating and/or ligation, including use in cardiovascular, ophthalmic procedures, and neurological procedures.
PROLENE Sutures have been trusted by cardiovascular surgeons for over 40 years
- Used in over 100 million people worldwide and in 8 out of 10 CABG procedures.(Ref: 1)
- High tensile strength and “stretch before break” breaking resistance engineered into every strand.(Ref: 1)
- Unique extrusion process ensures uniform suture diameter, avoiding suture weak spots
PROLENE Sutures are available with a wide range of needles, including innovative technologies such as EVERPOINT®Cardiovascular Needles.
PROLENE Sutures elicit a minimal inflammatory reaction in tissue, which is followed by gradual encapsulation of the suture by fibrous connective tissue. PROLENE Sutures are not absorbed, nor are they subject to degradation or weakening by the action of tissue enzymes.
As a monofilament, PROLENE Sutures resist involvement in infection and have been successfully employed in contaminated and infected wounds to eliminate or minimize later sinus formation and suture extrusion.(Ref: 218)
Furthermore, the lack of adherence to the tissues has facilitated the use of PROLENE Suture as a pull-out suture.
- * BSR=breaking strength retention (tensile strength of suture in vivo)