Smith & Nephew Acticoat Nanocrystal Silver Dressing
ACTICOAT Dressings offer powerful antimicrobial barrier protection.
Only ACTICOAT maintains safe bactericidal concentrations of silver with patented nanocrystalline technology
The nanocrystalline coating of pure silver delivers antimicrobial barrier activity within 30 minutes - faster than other forms of silver.
- Rayon/polyester inner core helps manage moisture level.
- Silver-coated high-density polyethylene mesh facilitates the passage of silver through the dressing.
- ACTICOATs antimicrobial technology is able to produce silver-coated polyethylene films that can release an effective concentration of silver over several days. Thus, as silver ions are consumed, additional silver is released from the dressing to provide an effective antimicrobial barrier. This patented silver-based antimicrobial technology can be applied to a wide range of medical devices including wound dressings
- ACTICOAT 7 and ACTICOAT Absorbent destroy bacteria within the dressing and at the wound site.
- Kills bacteria in vitro in as little as 30 minutes, 2-5 times faster than other forms of silver7,8,9,10.
- The antimicrobial barrier remains effective for up to 7 days6, increasing convenience for patient and caregivers.